Our Mission Statement
Transforming the shared mobility customer experience for good by managing a platform of sustainable vehicles and professional drivers.
Looking To Move People?
We are passionate about helping people reach their destination in the most comfortable, efficient, stylish and sustainable ways possible, and believe it’s equally as important to create great lives for our team members and their families.
Who is Kaptyn?
Since 2016 we’ve been on a mission to make transportation more efficient, enjoyable and accessible. We started by creating an innovative software suite to help transportation companies manage their operations. It was a good start, but we knew that we could have a bigger impact. So, in 2019 we decided to purchase two of the best fleet operations in America and combine them into a force for change. In 2020 we will unveil the future of transportation and are looking for passionate team members to join us to advance our mission. Our commitment to creating a better experience in a better way is fueled by a belief that the transportation industry needs to focus less on eliminating drivers and more on empowering them. We are also dedicated to making every ride as sustainable and enjoyable as possible, while being a model for other companies to emulate.
What are We Looking For?
We have big plans, but changing the world isn’t easy. We believe that having the best drivers in the world is the key to our success. Think you're up for the challenge? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Kaptyn is seeking enthusiastic Drivers for our fleet of shuttles, charter buses and new eco-friendly vehicles. You’ll enjoy training along with competitive pay and benefits as a Kaptyn employee.
Who you need you to be:
We believe that getting customer to their destination is only half our job. The real key to our success will be the experience we provide along the journey. As such we are looking for professional Drivers that enjoy people and providing exceptional customer service. For some of our riders that may mean quiet time, while for others it may be talking about the events and locations that make each of the cities that we operate in special.
What we need you to do:
- Drive sedans, charter bus or shuttle vehicles to transport customers.
- Be a role model of exceptional customer service in accordance with company standards.
- Handle difficult customer situations professionally.
- Use our leading technologies to receive maximum trip opportunities to pick up customers at prearranged locations, taxi stands, or high traffic areas.
- Assist customers with entering and exiting vehicles and with any luggage.
- Ensure customers reach their destinations safely and on time.
- Observe safety regulations and state laws regarding vehicle operation; ensures customers also follow applicable safety regulations.
- Report vehicle problems to Kaptyn Dispatchers or Kaptyn Mechanics.
- Submit accident reports when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you need to have:
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
- Successful completion of a Department of Transportation physical and drug test.
- Meet and maintain all required state and regulatory laws regarding a criminal background check.
- Demonstrate excellent and safe driving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of traffic regulations, road signs, and routes.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Applicable state licensing and certification required, including state specific background screening.
- CDL with passenger endorsement preferred.
- Physically able to drive a vehicle for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move luggage weighing up to 60 pounds.
What can we offer?
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid leave
- A Kaptyn uniform to identify you as a proud member of the Kaptyn team
- Being part of a bigger mission and improving the experiences and lives of others
Kaptyn is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. All employment decisions will be based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kaptyn prohibits discrimination and harassment.